- A small tree squirrel with a reddish coat:
More example sentences
- ● a Eurasian squirrel with distinctive ear tufts during the winter months and (in Britain) a whitish tail (Sciurus vulgaris, family Sciuridae). ● a North American squirrel with a pale belly and a black line along the sides during the summer (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus, family Sciuridae).
- Deer mice and red squirrels were photographed at plots of each nest-stratum treatment.
- The cats can and do eat red squirrels, ground squirrels, and grouse, but an abundance of hares is lynx heaven.
- Mostly it consists of sandy woodland and pristine marshes, full of red squirrels and sika deer.
More definitions of red squirrelDefinition of red squirrel in:
- The US English dictionary