- A discoloration of seawater caused by a bloom of toxic red dinoflagellates.More example sentences
- But 96 were believed to be caused by red tide, a toxic bloom of algae in the water.
- Commonly known as red tides, harmful algae blooms choke shallow waters and narrow inlets, and kill tens of thousands of fish annually.
- Scientists studying red tides previously believed that after an algal bloom, high concentrations of brevetoxins didn't last long in the marine environment.
More definitions of red tideDefinition of red tide in:
- The US English dictionary