- A fairly small wolf with a cinnamon or tawny coloured coat, native to the south-eastern US but possibly extinct in the wild.
More example sentences
- Canis rufus, family Canidae
- Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.
- Gray wolves can be distinguished from red wolves by their larger size, broader snout, and shorter ears.
- For example, a large fraction of both red wolves and gray wolves have turned out to be wolf/coyote hybrids.
More definitions of red wolfDefinition of red wolf in:
- The US English dictionary