Definition of redact in English:
1Edit (text) for publication: a confidential memo which has been redacted from 25 pages to just one paragraph
More example sentences
- I have to redact documents on a regular basis.
- In essence, I begin the editing process - redacting the data, picking useful bits - while taking handwritten notes.
- Of these twenty-seven pages, all but one and a half have been redacted.
- Example sentences
- An important question to ask in closing will be whether our redactor is merely an editor or also plays the role of author through his redactional activity.
- The problem is not that he has abridged the Bible - the very creation of Scripture required the editorial judgment of its redactors - but that he has attenuated it.
- The final redactors of the text clearly did not consider it their business to edit such things out - or even to correct what appear to be outright grammatical errors.
Mid 19th century: back-formation from redaction.
Words that rhyme with redactabreact, abstract, act, attract, bract, compact, contract, counteract, diffract, enact, exact, extract, fact, humpbacked, impact, interact, matter-of-fact, pact, protract, refract, retroact, subcontract, subtract, tact, tract, transact, unbacked, underact, untracked
Definition of redact in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.