noun• informal , chiefly British
- A robin.More example sentences
- When both types of receptors are activated - for instance in yellow-green light - the redbreasts become disoriented.
- They show industrious Robin redbreast at work… building a nest between books on a bookcase in a child's bedroom.
- It seems that the redbreast, while most popular with younger voters, has lost much of its traditional heartland support.
More definitions of redbreastDefinition of redbreast in:
- The US English dictionary