- 1 • historical A British soldier.More example sentences
- The buccaneer fought the King's soldiers for many a year until a large force of redcoats stormed his redoubt.
- This weekend, Fort Paull Visitor Centre and Armouries, near Hedon, will re-enact the skirmishes of 1780 with a full cast of cavalry, redcoats and naval gunners.
- The redcoats fell as they ran, musket fire and cannon booms sweeping out the men successfully.
- 2(In the UK) an organizer and entertainer at a Butlin’s holiday camp.More example sentences
- But ironically the family's decision to opt for Majorca the following year had nothing to do with the quality of the redcoats ' entertainment or even the shared toilet blocks.
- But there are still redcoats organising singalongs and tea.
- The redcoats organise loads of play activities and evening entertainment.
More definitions of redcoatDefinition of redcoat in:
- The US English dictionary