Definition of redeposit in English:
Deposit (something) again: material from the upper layers is redeposited lower down as a solid iron pan
More example sentences
- At this margin, the southeasterly storm winds had a ‘shaving’ effect on the outer platform, removing significant amounts of sediments and redepositing them on the upper and middle slope.
- If you then redeposit the bulk of the loan with the bank, you pay interest only on the amount you actually borrow.
- When water flows, it carries the dissolved constituents in solution and redeposits them elsewhere.
- Example sentences
- To many they represent channels formed by submarine erosion and redeposition of the Chalk during relative sea-level falls, linked to tectonics.
- Sandstones frequently possess multistage histories involving several cycles of deposition and redeposition.
- The source of the calcite and dolomite is almost certainly from solution and redeposition of the host rock itself, although whether by descending ground waters or upwelling solutions is not clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.