Definition of redingote in English:
1A woman’s long coat with a cutaway or contrasting front.
- He sent out a model wearing a denim redingote coat over an indigo lace petticoat - and he is such a skilled designer you don't really see a price difference between the two pieces.
- The couture-like short coat with three-quarter-length sleeves made a noteworthy comeback, together with redingotes, lamb chop sleeves optional.
- The redingote is an indispensable feature in the coat segment.
1.1A man’s double-breasted topcoat with a full skirt.
- The laughter begins slowly at the bottom of the orchestra pit and wells gradually toward the back; it seems to say it's OK not to be counted, you'll belong eventually even if you're not wearing the right armband or redingote.
- Instead, he's donning a frail redingote that drifts like an extravagant bridal tress.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia