Definition of redneck in English:
nounNorth American informal, derogatory
A working-class white person from the southern US, especially a politically reactionary one: [as modifier]: redneck towns
More example sentences
- It is hard not to have a sneaking admiration for someone who can enrage southern rednecks as easily as he can rile a group of feminist college students.
- In the first example, he's parodying southern rednecks.
- White trash rednecks from backward places such as Texas are an even easier target over there.
- 1rednecked adjective
- Example sentences
- Why should the people of New Zealand be forced to accept my possibly right-wing, biased, rednecked, conservative, out-of-this-world, and off-this-planet view on this issue?
- In their cartoon version of the world we have to choose between the ignorant rednecked conservatism of Bush's America and the civilized social democracies of Europe.
- The film is obviously designed to appeal to the egos of rednecked, less intelligent males - anyone else would probably be unbearably bored.
Words that rhyme with redneckfartlek • Chichimec • Olmec
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.