noun[mass noun, usually as modifier] Chemistry
- Oxidation and reduction considered together as complementary processes: redox reactions involve electron transferMore example sentences
- In every redox reaction, an atom must increase its oxidation state and an atom must decrease its oxidation state.
- Species that participate in redox reactions are described as either reducing or oxidizing agents.
- Bacterial redox reactions with minerals are already being exploited in mining low grade or inaccessible ores.
More definitions of redoxDefinition of redox in:
- The US English dictionary