noun[usually with modifier] Biochemistry
- An enzyme which promotes the chemical reduction of a specified substance.More example sentences
- The enzymatic mechanism of detoxification involves dehydroascorbate reductase, glutathione reductase and other enzymes.
- These enzymes are thioredoxin reductase and glutathione reductase respectively.
- The polyol pathway uses the enzyme aldose reductase to convert glucose to sorbitol.
More definitions of reductaseDefinition of reductase in:
- The US English dictionary