Definition of reductivism in English:
1 Another term for minimalism.
- For those who accept Greenberg's formulation, it is possible to regard modernism as having come to an end in the extreme reductivism of Minimal art.
- She was an artist ahead of her time, a modernist who used minimalism and anticipated the reductivism of the 1970s.
- But for all her reductivism, Thomas was a champion of sensory perception.
2 another term for reductionism.
- The Sixties colluded with the crudest Freudian reductivism - or reduction of Freud - in insisting that what we really want can be cashed out in biological terms.
- The temptation of epigrammatical reductivism as a means of describing this ‘careless’ loss of yet another judge is only worth resisting if, unlike Wilde, one can resist anything including temptation.
Definition of reductivism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia