Definition of reductivism in English:
1 Another term for minimalism.
- For those who accept Greenberg's formulation, it is possible to regard modernism as having come to an end in the extreme reductivism of Minimal art.
- She was an artist ahead of her time, a modernist who used minimalism and anticipated the reductivism of the 1970s.
- But for all her reductivism, Thomas was a champion of sensory perception.
2 another term for reductionism.
- The Sixties colluded with the crudest Freudian reductivism - or reduction of Freud - in insisting that what we really want can be cashed out in biological terms.
- The temptation of epigrammatical reductivism as a means of describing this ‘careless’ loss of yet another judge is only worth resisting if, unlike Wilde, one can resist anything including temptation.
Definition of reductivism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.