- A Eurasian bunting that frequents reed beds and hedgerows, the male having a black head and white collar.
More example sentences
- Emberiza schoeniclus, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae)
- Areas already under stewardship have seen a marked increase in previously declining bird species, including the stone curlew, bittern, lapwing, reed bunting, greenfinch, pipit, twite, and wagtail.
- Other species in danger are the brown hare, skylark, linnet, reed bunting, tree sparrow, grey partridge, bullfinch, song thrush and grass-wrack pondweed.
- The keen-eyed may also see a great spotted woodpecker or a reed bunting.