- 1A simple wind instrument having or made from a reed.More example sentences
- Peaceman's opening in the first of the six portraits, ‘Pan - who played upon the reed pipe which is Syrinx, his beloved’ is mysteriously distant and full of reverence.
- The reed pipe's name is derived from a Hebrew verb meaning ‘to have inordinate affection’ even ‘lust’ or ‘sensual love’.
- Two reed instruments are also used: the ney, a single reed pipe; and the maqrum, a double-reed clarinet.
- 1.1An organ pipe with a reed.More example sentences
- It is noteworthy that it had such reed pipes as Dulcian and Regal, in contrast with the little chamber positives that are so often used in concert halls today, attempting to fulfil that accompanying role with nothing but flues.
More definitions of reed pipeDefinition of reed pipe in:
- The US English dictionary