- Each of two officials who assist the referee from the touchline, especially in deciding whether the ball is out of play.More example sentences
- Lee Bowyer hammered the rebound into the net only to have his effort ruled out by the referee's assistant.
- Replays indicated that the referee's assistant's decision was correct.
- The referee's assistant has just signalled that we have two minutes of additonal time.
More definitions of referee's assistantDefinition of referee's assistant in:
- The US English dictionary