- 1A book intended to be consulted for information on specific matters.More example sentences
- It is of considerable value as a reference book - to be consulted for specific information on the general content, hierarchy and location of sources.
- The principal use for this book is as a reference book and a guide to sources, unless one is offering a course on legal history, the history of international law and practice, peace keeping, or some such kindred subject.
- It is less a book to be read through from start to finish than a guide book to be read in conjunction with the Confessions or a reference book to be consulted on specific topics.
- 2South African • historical another term for pass1 ( sense 3 of the noun).
More definitions of reference bookDefinition of reference book in:
- The US English dictionary