noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Pain felt in a part of the body other than its actual source.More example sentences
- Symptoms of acute coronary syndrome include chest pain, referred pain, nausea, vomiting, dyspnea, diaphoresis, and light-headedness.
- Clinically, abdominal pain falls into three categories: visceral pain, parietal pain, and referred pain.
- For each organ the pain is usually most severe at its primary site and is variably perceived at secondary sites (also called areas of referred pain or projections of pain).
More definitions of referred painDefinition of referred pain in:
- The US English dictionary