verb (reflags, reflagging, reflagged)[with object]
- Change the national registration of (a ship): (as adjective reflagged) a convoy of reflagged tankersMore example sentences
- Paul Martin began reflagging his ships in countries with little or no corporate taxes and very low employment standards, and using non-Canadian crews.
- The stand-off became a major national issue after CSL, servicing the Australian coast for Adelaide Brighton Cement, decided to reflag the ship in the Bahamas and sack the Australian crew to cut costs.
- Despite winning an injunction against CSL plans to reflag the ship and crew it with Ukranians, the workers have been told to leave the ship on full pay.
More definitions of reflagDefinition of reflag in:
- The US English dictionary