- 1Serving to refresh or reinvigorate someone: a refreshing drinkMore example sentences
- You do not go to a counter to check in; you relax in a rattan chair as one smiling staff member brings you a cool drink, another a refreshing towel and yet another passes you the registration form to sign.
- But for most people, the most popular beach activity remains lying in the sun with a refreshing drink next to them, soaking up the sunshine.
- Here are some easy, tasty, refreshing drinks and snacks you can make.
- 1.1Welcome or stimulating because new or different: it makes a refreshing change to be able to write about something nice her directness is refreshingMore example sentences
welcome, stimulating, new, novel, creative, fresh, imaginative, original, different, innovative, innovatory, innovational, inventive, ingenious, inspired, resourceful, unusual, unconventional, unorthodox, unfamiliar, unprecedented, groundbreaking, pioneering, avant-garde, unique, individual, individualistic, distinctive; not just another
- Such an attitude from a developer is most welcome and it must be said makes a refreshing change.
- Teenage boys often make newspaper headlines for all the wrong reasons, so it makes a refreshing change to be able to report on the good deeds of one such lad.
- And all three flights I caught did leave and land on time, which makes a refreshing change.
- [as submodifier]: a refreshingly different concept [sentence adverb]: refreshingly, the party’s current spokesman is very frankMore example sentences
- Her book blends traditional Samoan oratory and song techniques and is refreshingly different.
- Food is good and cheap, and the staff refreshingly child-friendly.
- Again refreshingly, the acting ensemble is given full responsibility for determining the film.