Definition of refrigerant in English:
A substance used for refrigeration.
- In addition to controlling pressure, fluid-control valves regulate the rate the flow of fluid i.e. how brake fluid, transmission oil, refrigerants and other fluids are used in the car.
- In the last half of the twentieth century, the manufacture of chlorofluorocarbons for use as propellants in aerosol sprays and refrigerants has resulted in a slow mixing of these compounds with the stratosphere.
- However, he points out that halogen oxidants also form during the sunlight-triggered breakdown of industrial chemicals such as chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants.
adjectiveBack to top
Causing cooling or refrigeration: one of the refrigerant pipes had burst
More example sentences
- The cooler includes a variable displacement compressor for compressing refrigerant gas.
- Liver damage found in nine workers is believed to be caused by a leaking refrigerant pipe in the workers' cabin.
- The heat pump uses similar technology to a domestic fridge - the expansion and contraction of refrigerant gases to produce much more heat using less electricity.
Words that rhyme with refrigerantbelligerent
Definition of refrigerant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan