- Shining very brightly: refulgent blue eyesMore example sentences
- It's vivid, refulgent work from set designer David Rockwell and lighting designer Kenneth Posner, and a perfect introduction to a charging score by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman that starts out bold and grabby and never lets up.
- In this refulgent summer, it has been a luxury to draw the breath of life. The grass grows, the buds burst, the meadow is spotted with fire and gold in the tint of flowers.
- I stepped outside under a refulgent sky, and I saw a tiny yellow-brown bird fly over the house into an oak.
- More example sentences
- Against a sky of blackness, where pride is abundant and magnanimity scarce, that little man, that mediocre personage, shines with uncommon refulgence.
- The performances can be a little hoarse - a certain tonal refulgence is lacking here - but they don't get in the way of the music.
- She could feel the entire theater's eyes on her; she knew that every one of those beginning theatre students was jealous of her talent, her energy, her grace, her pure refulgence onstage.
late 15th century: from Latin refulgent- 'shining out', from the verb refulgere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + fulgere 'to shine'.
More definitions of refulgentDefinition of refulgent in:
- The US English dictionary