Of, resembling, or fit for a monarch, especially in being magnificent or dignified: her regal bearing
More example sentences
- Considered a symbol of regal authority, the dragon was also thought to dispel evil spirits.
- The banquet hall was bright and cheerful, full of nobles and lords looking dignified and regal.
- The show has been designed in such a way as to take audience down the memory lane to a time when the Kilimanoor Palace was at its splendid and regal best.
majestic, fit for a king/queen/prince/princess, grand, impressive, imposing, splendid, superb, magnificent, noble, proud, stately, dignified, exalted, glorious, striking, spectacular, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, sumptuous, opulent, fine, luxurious, deluxe, lavish, resplendent, monumental, palatial, august, distinguished, great
nounMusic Back to top
- More example sentences
- As the final ball landed, she stood stunned on the baseline and then walked slowly and regally to congratulate Henin-Hardenne, embracing her and offering many words of praise.
- We could happily have pottered about the site for most of our four-day break, swimming, playing footie and watching the yachts float regally by.
- She was driven through the city, waving regally at her subjects who thronged the parched sidewalks on that hot summer's day.