- A method of braking in which energy is extracted from the parts braked, to be stored and reused.More example sentences
- The electric motor is powered by batteries that are recharged automatically by recapturing the kinetic energy usually lost during braking, known as regenerative braking.
- Advantages include functions such as start/stop, energy recuperation by regenerative braking and electric powered driving, all with a compact design.
- In addition, regenerative braking captures energy from the internal-combustion mode and stores it in the batteries.
More definitions of regenerative brakingDefinition of regenerative braking in:
- The US English dictionary