- A period of remorseless repression or bloodshed, in particular (Reign of Terror) the period of the Terror during the French Revolution.More example sentences
- He became a dictator, enforcing a reign of terror with his secret police, sometimes referred to as tonton macoute.
- During his reign of terror, Wright threatened residents and council staff, often using racial abuse.
- The Nigerian state responded by imposing a reign of terror.
More definitions of reign of terrorDefinition of reign of terror in:
- The US English dictionary