Definition of reimburse in English:
- If the firm discovers that you're eligible for a refund, it must reimburse you with cash, not services or discounts.
- Tenants must also be reimbursed for any expenditure on repairs.
- If the seller already has paid taxes beyond that date, you must reimburse them.
- The cost of the service is not reimbursed by health insurance.
- Unlicensed drugs are not specified in the database because they are not automatically reimbursed by insurance.
- Patients are made aware that the service is unlikely to be reimbursed by insurance.
purse from Old English:
A purse gets its name from its traditional material, leather. The word came into English some time in the 11th or 12th centuries from Latin bursa, which meant ‘money bag’ and also ‘leather, animal skin’. Bursa is the source of bursar (late 16th century), disburse (mid 16th century), and reimburse (early 17th century). Despite the difference in spelling, it is also the root of sporran, a small pouch worn around the waist by Scotsmen as part of Highland dress. The Latin word developed into Irish sparán ‘purse’ and then Scottish Gaelic sporan, and was first used in English by the Scottish novelist Sir Walter Scott in the early 19th century.
- Example sentences
- They have created a cartel in which chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery are the only allowable and reimbursable therapies.
- We're also actively trying to help shape a health care environment that provides progressive and reimbursable practice opportunities for all our graduates, regardless of practice site.
- I have not made another copy of all the back-up material to the invoice relative to consultant fees and reimbursable expenses since you have already have all the information in your file.
- Example sentences
- Donors are admitted as private patients, but receive no payment except reimbursement of travel expenses and loss of earnings.
- Airline customers will be entitled to reimbursement of the price of a ticket if a flight is delayed for more than five hours.
- He also could take the case before the Court of Federal Claims to seek reimbursement for the withheld wages.
Words that rhyme with reimburseamerce, asperse, averse, biodiverse, burse, coerce, converse, curse, diverse, Erse, hearse, immerse, intersperse, nurse, perse, perverse, purse, submerse, terce, terse, transverse, verse, worse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.