- 1The action of giving someone back a position they have lost: the student body gave its support to the two expelled students and demanded their reinstatementMore example sentences
- The committee has received 14,000 applications from former Baathists asking for either reinstatement or for pensions, he said.
- At the end of April, a demonstration organized by the soldiers to demand reinstatement turned violent.
- A union meeting on Tuesday called for official action to win his reinstatement.
- 1.1The restoration of something such as a law or custom: others have demanded the reinstatement of the death penaltyMore example sentences
- State politicians whipped up a further frenzy by calling for reinstatement of the death penalty.
- I oppose the reinstatement of the death penalty with every fibre of my being.
- One of the great unmentionables in the current election campaign is the reinstatement of conscription.