- Waste a great deal of time or effort in creating something that already exists: he spoke with the fervour of discovery, unaware that he was reinventing the wheelMore example sentences
- Will others squander valuable time reinventing the wheel because existing data never saw the light of day?
- I have dedicated myself to learning from other people's experiences so that I do not waste time trying to reinvent the wheel.
- ‘We don't try to reinvent the wheel and create new online resources,’ says Jacka.
More definitions of reinvent the wheelDefinition of reinvent the wheel in:
- The US English dictionary