Definition of reinvest in English:
Put (the profit on a previous investment) back into the same scheme: the enterprise had been expanded by reinvesting profits
More example sentences
- As these assets generate profits, and as the profits are reinvested in additional assets, you see a return in the form of increased share value as stock prices rise.
- Many companies and investors favor using spare corporate cash for stock buybacks or to reinvest profits instead of paying dividends.
- They may generate financial support by retaining profits and reinvesting them in organizational improvements.
- Example sentences
- But they do allow the reinvestment of dividends (by granting accumulation units) and provide schemes for small, regular contributions.
- However, be aware that these brokerage-run plans only allow for the reinvestment of dividends and offer no cash purchase option.
- Be sure on the application to request reinvestment of all dividends.
Definition of reinvest in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.