Definition of rejuvenescence in English:
1The renewal of youth or vitality.
- By continuous living tradition and a vital power of rejuvenescence, this land has readjusted itself through unnumbered transformations.
- Senescence leads to reproduction and the process of rejuvenescence in each asexual cycle carries the organism back to the same stage of youth.
- Two categories of potential advantages of sex - variation and rejuvenescence - were hotly debated in the nineteenth century and today.
1.1 Biology The reactivation of vegetative cells, resulting in regrowth from old or injured parts.
- Although corallites are basically ceratoid in shape, the majority have irregular shapes, which were probably produced by a combination of redirected growth and rejuvenescence many times during life.
- Variations of those characters are partly due to stressed environments, such as unstable, muddy substrates resulting in corallite rejuvenescence and redirection.
- In a particular corallum, the diameter of the aulos responded quickly to an event that caused redirection or rejuvenescence of growth, which can be observed in longitudinal sections.
- Example sentences
- We propose that both shield and rejuvenescent phase magmas are derived from a lithologically heterogeneous or mantle plume.
- Rejuvenescent volcanism occurs on many oceanic islands, including the Society Islands.
Definition of rejuvenescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan