Definition of related in English:
1Belonging to the same family, group, or type; connected: sleeping sickness and related diseases
More example sentences
- ALS is a family of related diseases that affect the nerve cells along which the brain sends instructions to the muscles.
- The 430 species and cultivars described in detail in the book belong to the true grass family and related families of grasslike plants.
- About half of women with ICP have a family history of related liver disorders.
connected, interconnected, associated, linked, coupled, correlated, allied, affiliated, accompanying, concomitant, corresponding, analogous, kindred, parallel, comparable, equivalent, homologous, incidental
of the same family, kin, akin, kindred, of the same blood, with a common ancestor/forebear, connected
- Example sentences
- Our sexual behavior is just as moral as anyone else's, with the same capacity for love, closeness, relatedness and harmless pleasure.
- Associations between social relatedness and similarities in selected behavioral traits were also examined.
- The issue of names also illustrates that neither systems of social relatedness nor the inheritance systems that are connected to them develop and exist in isolation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan