- The ratio of the average mass of one atom of an element to one twelfth of the mass of an atom of carbon-12.More example sentences
- Avogadro's number is the number of particles present when the amount of material is the same as the atomic weight (or relative molecular mass, or relative atomic mass or weight) expressed in grams.
- Deuterium is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a relative atomic mass of 2.014102 compared to the atomic mass of protium, 1.007825.
- A scientific conference in 1860 officially adopted a combined form of Dalton's and Avogadro's theories, and soon afterward chemists began creating an accurate compilation of relative atomic masses.
More definitions of relative atomic massDefinition of relative atomic mass in:
- The US English dictionary