- The ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a standard, usually water for a liquid or solid, and air for a gas.More example sentences
- The position at which influent water penetrates the lake water depends on the relative densities of the water masses.
- We used seedling density values to calculate the relative density of each species.
- ‘Acceleration is dependent on the relative density of the ‘host’ mass‘
More definitions of relative densityDefinition of relative density in:
- The US English dictionary