- 1In relation, comparison, or proportion to something else: they were very poor, but, relatively speaking, they had been luckyMore example sentences
- Yet, relatively speaking, religion and the churches were pushed away from the centre.
- Individualism is a pretty new idea relatively speaking and one which most of us today take for granted.
- Relatively speaking, Antartica's hot.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Regarded in comparison with something else rather than absolutely; quite: the site was cheap and relatively cleanMore example sentences
comparatively, in comparison, by comparison, proportionately; quite, fairly, reasonably, rather, somewhat, to a limited extent/degree, to a certain extent/degree, to some extent/degree, to an extent, to a degree, within reason, within limits, tolerably, passably, adequately, satisfactorily
- Such societies are held in relatively low regard by the college authorities.
- Part of its defence is based on points which might be regarded as relatively technical.
- The reason the price is relatively high compared to other options is two-fold.