- An oscillator in which sharp, sometimes aperiodic oscillations result from the rapid discharge of a capacitor or inductance.More example sentences
- It behaves as a relaxation oscillator, comprised of both slow (the ROS buildup in the mitochondrial matrix) and fast (the IMAC opening and rapid ROS release) processes.
- We found that the PD / AB complex is best modeled as a relaxation oscillator with two solution branches, one depolarized (the burst) and one hyperpolarized, with hysteresis with respect to the slow variable.
- Because we have access to only a single variable, the time series recording of the membrane potential, we need a second variable, preferably a slow one to capture the relaxation oscillator dynamics that characterize the AB / PD complex.
More definitions of relaxation oscillatorDefinition of relaxation oscillator in:
- The US English dictionary