- A substance which, when secreted by the hypothalamus, promotes the release of a specified hormone from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland.More example sentences
- In weightlessness there is a decreased activity of spinal ganglia neurons of the hypothalamic nuclei producing arginine, vasopressin and growth hormone releasing factor.
- Corticotropin releasing factor is a critical integrator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in response to stress.
- Like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with increased secretion of corticotropin releasing factor.
More definitions of releasing factorDefinition of releasing factor in:
- The US English dictionary