Definition of reliance in English:
1Dependence on or trust in someone or something: the farmer’s reliance on pesticides
More example sentences
- Trust as reliance on the claims of the seller is an essential feature of market exchanges.
- There is no reflection of that reliance on the conviction matters in the bail decision against us by the Court of Appeal.
- There is special need for caution when considering evidence of identification and convicting a defendant in reliance on it.
1.1 [count noun] archaic A person or thing on which someone depends.
- Example sentences
- He was optimistic about the coming season as their trade was very much the home market and they were not as reliant on the American trade.
- The only artists threatened by Hibbard's proposal were those already reliant on government funding.
- The charity gets no support from national or local government and is entirely reliant on donations, bequests and fundraising.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan