Definition of reliance in English:
1Dependence on or trust in someone or something: the farmer’s reliance on pesticides
More example sentences
- Trust as reliance on the claims of the seller is an essential feature of market exchanges.
- There is no reflection of that reliance on the conviction matters in the bail decision against us by the Court of Appeal.
- There is special need for caution when considering evidence of identification and convicting a defendant in reliance on it.
1.1 [count noun] archaic A person or thing on which someone depends.
- Example sentences
- He was optimistic about the coming season as their trade was very much the home market and they were not as reliant on the American trade.
- The only artists threatened by Hibbard's proposal were those already reliant on government funding.
- The charity gets no support from national or local government and is entirely reliant on donations, bequests and fundraising.