Definition of relief map in English:
1A map indicating hills and valleys by shading rather than by contour lines alone.
- The first map is a relief map of the immediate surroundings of Garibaldi Lake.
- And besides, I didn't need to finish in the 99th percentile or anything; all I had to do was pass the course and then, hopefully, never cast my eyes upon a relief map again.
- At the northern end of the Tjörn is the impressive Radhus (the Town Hall), worth a visit for its huge relief map of the country and the glass-walled café perched over the lake.
1.1A map model with elevations and depressions representing hills and valleys, typically on an exaggerated relative scale.
- For one history assignment, David had to make a relief map of Israel out of pizza dough.
- One of the earliest and largest temples of Bharat Mata was established in 1936 in the town of Varanasi, where a large relief map of Akhanda Bharat or South Asia lies enshrined.
Definition of relief map in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan