- Printing from raised images, as in letterpress and flexography.More example sentences
- Printmaking knows two groups of techniques: relief printing and intaglio printing.
- The problem with relief printing is that the artist must carve the image, and the carving action is unnatural to an artist who normally works in a medium like paint and pencil.
- Woodcut illustration was well suited to the printed book, since woodblocks and type both require relief printing and can thus be printed simultaneously.
More definitions of relief printingDefinition of relief printing in:
- The US English dictionary