verb (past and past participle relighted or relit /-ˈlɪt/)[with object]
- Light (something) again: he reached for the matches to relight his pipeMore example sentences
- Becky used her magic to create a spark of light that relit the torches.
- Fortunately, Lawrence remembered where the light switches were so the place was relit with illumination.
- Torches were then lighted from the bonfire and carried to each home to relight the hearth fire.
More definitions of relightDefinition of relight in:
- The US English dictionary