- Excessively religious.More example sentences
- The outer acts are swift and urgent, transcendental but never religiose.
- Yet although Billings was never religiose, the fact that his merry music is dedicated to his God seems to have kept it pristine: whereas the work of the earliest secular composer Broyles examines is mainly of documentary interest.
- Of course, a reader doesn't have to accept the essays' religiose atmospherics or fabulist presumption to be affected by Berger's tone.
- More example sentences
- Her way of characterising New Age religion indicates a view of modern religiosity as spiritual decline.
- Lately, however, methods have been developed to assess religiosity and spiritual beliefs.
- A female grad student reading a book on mysticism stirs his latent religiosity (and inspires a decision to give up blood sports).
mid 19th century: from Latin religiosus, from religio 'reverence, obligation'.
More definitions of religioseDefinition of religiose in:
- The US English dictionary