noun (singular remex /ˈriːmɛks/)Ornithology
- Flight feathers. Compare with rectrices.More example sentences
- The excellent fossil remains of feathers from the several specimens of Archaeopteryx are remiges and rectrices.
- Wing area was reduced by taping primary remiges five to seven (counted ascendingly).
- I cut each of the primary remiges 3 cm shorter, measuring from the tip and perpendicular to the long axis.
mid 18th century: from Latin, literally 'rowers', based on remus 'oar'.
More definitions of remigesDefinition of remiges in:
- The US English dictionary