Definition of reminisce in English:
Indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events: they reminisced about their summers abroad
More example sentences
- Violet, an elderly resident in a care home, discusses the present and reminisces about the past, but ends up recalling events she'd rather have forgotten.
- Kids that weren't even born seem to have acquired memories of that day from their parents when they reminisce about the event.
- Alex donned the simple silver ring on her fourth finger, and she glanced at it now, the hint of a smile lingering on her face as she reminisced on the past memories.
- reminiscer noun
- Example sentences
- And now, to coincide with the band's first tour in over ten years, The Pixies release a Best Of album that beckons elfishly to be listened to by reminiscers of indie-rock's inspired heyday.
- Greeting to all you Montreal musicians and nostalgic reminiscers of pop music's golden ages from wherever you are.
- This book is truly a gift to the reminiscers of the future.
Early 19th century: back-formation from reminiscence.
Words that rhyme with reminisceabyss, amiss, bis, bliss, Chris, Diss, hiss, kiss, Majlis, miss, sis, Swiss, this, vis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.