- Make a second thrust after the first has failed.More example sentences
- When you remise against an immediate riposte, it will likely generate a double touch, causing you to get hit (which is bad); so this is given a big thumb's down.
nounBack to top
- A second thrust made after the first has failed.More example sentences
- You never allow a remise to get past your guard like that.
- The next touch was Haslette's, won after a stunning exchange of parries, counterparries, cutovers, counterattacks, remises, ripostes - almost every close-range trick anyone there knew.
French, past participle of remettre 'put back'.