- (Of a plant) blooming or producing a crop more than once a season: remontant rosesMore example sentences
- A once-blooming rose with its extended flush of blossoms may work equally as well as a remontant rose under the same conditions.
- Repeat-bloom (remontant) irises and daylilies are available and will prolong June into fall.
- However, continue watering remontant types as long they're actively growing.
nounBack to top
late 19th century: from French, literally 'coming up again', from the verb remonter.
More definitions of remontantDefinition of remontant in:
- The US English dictionary