Definition of remote control in English:
1.1 (also remote controller) [count noun] A device that controls an apparatus by means of radio or infrared signals: he turned the volume down by means of his remote control
More example sentences
- The system is further provided with user control means such as a remote controller for generating user control commands and transmitting signals to the data processor in response thereto so as to control the content of the display signal.
- Both cards offer FM-radio tuners and remote controls that use radio frequencies, not infrared, to issue commands.
- Look at the development of ‘older’ battery operated technology, transistor radios, video cameras, mobile phones and even remote controls that we use for a range of devices.
- Example sentences
- In his spare time, he records with an intentionally limited setup, working to coax the best music he can from an array of electronics like remote-controlled car joysticks and walkie-talkies.
- Engineers at the US Sandia National Labs have built a remote-controlled spy robot equipped with a TV scanner, microphone and a chemical micro-sensor.
- There was the inclusion of an electronic scoreboard with a remote-controlled digital scoring system.
Definition of remote control in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan