- Salad or seafood dressing made with hard-boiled egg yolks, oil, and vinegar, and flavoured with mustard, capers, and herbs: [as modifier]: spicy shrimp tempura with a remoulade sauce [count noun]: we make a real remoulade, we don’t serve a bottled tartar sauceMore example sentences
- I am puzzled by the blue-crab fritters, small puffs that never let you forget they are fried; and by their dipping sauces (green papaya remoulade, tamarind ketchup, soy-chile mignonette) that sound more interesting than they taste.
- It was a warm day, so we passed on the squash bisque and instead ordered spicy shrimp tempura with a remoulade sauce and baby salad greens with bocconcini in a raspberry vinaigrette.
- There's also a cooler full of salads, addictive remoulade you can take home in tubs, a good selection of Danish cheese (including top-quality Havarti), homemade rye bread, all kinds of Dutch chocolate - yum.
French rémoulade, from Italian remolata.
More definitions of remouladeDefinition of remoulade in:
- The US English dictionary