- The periodic turning or shaking of bottled wine, especially champagne, to move sediment towards the cork.More example sentences
- ‘La Grande Dame’ is credited with inventing the riddling process called remuage, and adapting a piece of her own furniture into the first riddling table for that purpose.
- This process is called ‘remuage’ and used to be done by hand, but these days is more than likely done by machine.
- The final stages in the process are the remuage and disgorgement.
French, literally 'moving about'.
More definitions of remuageDefinition of remuage in:
- The US English dictionary