- A herd of horses that have been saddle-broken, from which ranch hands choose their mounts for the day.More example sentences
- In 1996 the Stuart won the Best Remuda Award, given by the AQHA and the National Cattleman's Beef Association to outstanding ranch remudas of registered Quarter Horses.
- He was there in seconds to return all the horses to the remuda.
- They wouldn't let Grandpa Dan fight so instead he tended the remuda for Terrell's Texas Rangers.
late 19th century: via American Spanish, from Spanish, literally 'exchange, replacement'.
More definitions of remudaDefinition of remuda in:
- The US English dictionary