- variant spelling of rencounter.More example sentences
- Who else would have put so much energy and resources into bringing 20 Indian writers to their country for a series of ‘rencontres’ with the public of this highly literate land?
- ‘I will explain,’ he said, ‘and that you may comprehend all clearly, we will first retrace the course of your meditations, from the moment in which I spoke to you until that of the rencontre with the fruiterer in question.’
- The last rencontre between Prince and Rusalka, she poised on the steps, he ultimately doing a slow death-cascade down the waterfall below her, was (almost visibly) - melting.
early 17th century: French.
More definitions of rencontreDefinition of rencontre in:
- The US English dictionary