- A fertile lime-rich soil with dark humus above a pale soft calcareous layer, typical of grassland on chalk or limestone.More example sentences
- R. triquetrus was collected from a chalk rendzina soil under grassland in the Chiltern Hills, Oxfordshire.
- The soil consisted of a rendzina 28 cm in thickness, overlying a horizon that has been altered by cryoturbation and was situated on a gelifracted chalk layer.
- La Romanée also has a notably steep slope with less clay and more rendzina in the make-up of the soil.
1920s: via Russian from Polish rędzina.
More definitions of rendzinaDefinition of rendzina in:
- The US English dictionary